Friday, May 15, 2009

I can't believe I'm going home.

I've been homesick, but I know I'll be Wiensick when I'm back.

I had my last lessons yesterday. My voice teacher and I talked for an hour and a half about everything: dogs, earthquakes, how the Mayans had it right, but it's not going to be the end of the world, only a time of new thinking, and isn't life beautiful? After that, my piano lesson was unremarkable and frustrating, as usual. Mumbled goodbye and some lies about how it's been great (it hasn't), how if I wanted a reality check from a friend of hers in NY she'd give me the info (I didn't, but I have the paper anyways. I was actually a little insulted by this. I'm not going to be a singer, I just enjoy doing it. I want to be an accompanist specifically because I don't want to be judged on solo performances, singing or playing), and how we've made progress this semester (I haven't).

Last night at Cafe Leopold. Everyone was a drunk nostalgic mess. Lots of hugging, the All Black Club. J was drunk as well, and might have told me I have huge boobs (again, a lie) while unhooking my bra effortlessly with one hand(a talent that is wasted on this man). Somehow got a cab home by 3, and ate cereal in my bed.

I have no idea how I'm going to pack my stuff. I've accumulated quite a lot here. I might have to send stuff home.

I'm worried that I'm going to go home and be boring.

I'm really excited to work again. I want to be able to practice. I feel better about myself, and the stress is a good stress.

Yea, my clothes are definately not going to fit in my suitcase.

No comments: