Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recipe

Since I know you all love food, I'm going to share my latest obsession. It's easy, cheap (at least here, probably less so in the states), and makes a large amount that you can eat for every meal for a few days.

One Bowl Chicken Bulgar Salad
(from CNN's iReport's special on cheap brown bag lunches)

Whatchoo need:
Some chicken breasts. Vegetarian substitution: feta cheese, tofu, whatever the hell you eat.-2
Ruckola/Rocket, chopped-I don't know, I use 2 small packages. I think it turned out to be 8 oz
Bulgar, cooked and cooled-maybe a cup and a half dry.
Cherry/grape/small tomatoes, chopped-a lot because I love tomatoes.
Oil, Vinegar, garlic powder, whatever....

Day before: marinate the chicken breasts. If they have skin, they only need to be marinated for a few hours; if skinless, overnight is good. I make a mixture that's about one part olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar, with some garlic powder and pepper added in. I make enough of this to cover the chicken in whatever container they're in, so we've been going through a lot of vinegar and oil. Roast until cooked, set aside to cool. Chop/shred the chicken into small pieces.

In a large bowl, toss everything together with homemade dressing: oil, vinegar, garlic powder, pepper. Eat. The end.

No comments: