Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Music

Was pleasantly surprised to find out today that I made it into both the voice and instrumental program here. Am totally stoked. I'm doing a Beethoven sonata for four hands, accompanying a Mendelssohn duet, playing in a contemporary quintet for clarinet, flute, violin, cello, and piano, and singing another Mendelssohn duet and am in the Act II quintett from "Die Zauberflote." Bad. Ass.

However, am preparing to be totally overwhelmed. Ran into the voice meeting late, after checking in the piano corner. Asked afterwards what I should do, as the classes conflict. She told me wherever I'm needed I'll go, and then I'll just alternate. I can just see the scheduling conflicts, especially since voice class is the one day that the piano coach is coaching.

Am relieved, though. Nisha got the packet first and before I had a chance to look through it turned to me and said "You're in." I am so excited for the semester to start!

No comments: